Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mildly Creepy

Creeptastic, right?
 Our next big assignment in my Narrative class is to create a mini book dummy for a children's book version of Alice in Wonderland, which in this case means designing 16 pages.  Thankfully, they don't all have to be finished illustrations, so I get to experiment with doing value compositions.  This was much more fun than I thought it would be (and by the way, if you ever need help designing compositions, check out Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu-Mestre.  Molto bene.

Two page spread here.  Am I the only one who thinks that aspen trees look like they're covered in eyes?
Staying in the realm of things that are slightly creepy, I did finish that color study from last time.


I'm still awaiting the day when I'll finish a piece and like everything about it.  As usual, I like parts of this one, but other parts really need changing.  I did take this piece from start to finish in less than 48 hours, though, so I wasn't expecting too much.  Sometimes you're just happy to get an assignment turned in on time, you know? ;)

Next week, expect a ton of character design work, because that's what's due on Monday.  Until then, here's a portrait that I accidentally spent several hours on yesterday:


Also, here's a pig girl:

And that's all I have for now.  Peace out, bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment