Monday, February 4, 2013

Neverland and Watercolor

Seems like it's about time to post some art again!  Here, have some Peter Pan:

 
I kind of liked the colors on this one :)

In an effort to make my artwork look more natural, I've started using watercolor on most of my assignments and taking it into Photoshop afterwards to touch it up.  The Peter Pan assignment was my first attempt at this, and though I liked doing it a lot, I decided to push it further.

This was my second attempt:


This is just a portion of an unfinished assignment, but I really loved the effect I got with this one.

I've been drawing a lot of inspiration from Justin Gerard and Jon Foster this semester, so definitely check them out if you want to see some awesome art.  Also, because I'm kind of excited about it and I haven't posted much recently, here's a color study of my current project:


This is a very rough stage of my process where I'm working out the basics of composition and color problems.  The final will probably end up looking a lot like this, but details still might change.  This assignment is due this week, so I should be able to post the final in a few days.  I also have some character design work that I'll post as soon as it's colored.  Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment