Monday, September 17, 2012

Influence Map


For my first official post on my brand-spankin' new art blog, I thought it would be fitting to post a recent exercise we did in my concept art class.  The assignment was to create an "influence map" of artists who inspire us to help guide our stylistic development, which I did using this template

I'm already noticing that when I'm stuck on an art piece, looking at this helps me decide what direction to go on.  Plus, it's fun to see all of this art I admire put together like this. :)

Included are:
  • Nicholas Kole
  • Ryan Woodward
  • Richard Schmid
  • Justin Taylor
  • Zhaoming Wu
  • Lawrence Alma-Tadema
  • Shelly Wan
  • Arthur Rackham
  • Hayao Miyazaki
  • Bernie Fuchs
  • Caspar David Friedrich
  • Jake Wyatt
  • Alphonse Mucha
Some are young artists, some are older, and some are dead, but they're all worth looking up. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie I LOVE your art blog!!! Great Idea! You are so incredibly amazing. So happy to see you are blogging again! I rarely comment but I often look!

    ReplyDelete