Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Life is Ducks (A 3-panel Story)




My life is ducks.  Like... seriously.

In my narrative class, our very first activity was to spend 3 hours sketching a realistic duck.  We spent the next class period doing gesture drawings of the duck from every direction, and the next class period drawing ducks with different facial expressions.  Our final assignment was to draw three panels in black and white depicting a story that had to do with ducks in some way... but by the time this came around I was thoroughly sick of ducks, and since drawing kids seems to be my default, this is what came out.

I handed this assignment in a week ago, but ducks continue to haunt me.  One of my friends now calls me "duck" as a nickname, and another friend texted me a picture today of duck cookie cutters she found at Walmart.  It's just... ducks.  Ducks everywhere.  I can't escape.


...Ah well.  I guess there are worse animals to haunt me for the rest of my life than ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment